Search on the Internet,
(1) The first result is from BabyCenter.com
The key points are: Sound, Uniqueness, Significance, Initials, Names that age well
(2) The second result is “9 things I wish I knew before I chose my baby’s name“ from http://www.today.com/parents/9-things-i-wish-i-knew-i-chose-my-babys-1D79825418
1. The name is super popular.
2. Family will learn to love it.
3. Some people just won’t get it.
4. Most name associations don’t last.
5. Pop culture can change everything.
6. The name might not suit the kid’s personality.
7. The name doesn’t lend itself to nicknames.
8. Unusual names may be problematic.
9. The name you pick will be perfect.
(3) The third result is “How to Pick the Perfect Name for Your Baby“ from
19 suggestions on 19 pages…
(4) “Tips for Choosing a Baby Name” from
Make it sing
Keep it short
Simplify the spelling
Look at initials
Consider what’s popular
Analyze the meaning
See what fits
(5) “Choose the right baby name: 10 top tips” again from Babycenter
1. How does the name sound with your surname?
2. What do the full name’s initials spell out?
3. Do you like the shortened version of the name?
4. Is the name popular already?
5. Does the name have any unfortunate connotations?
6. Does the name go with the names of your older children?
7. Can you imagine your baby as an adult with this name?
8. Will other people be able to spell your baby’s name?
9. Does your baby suit the name?
10. Do you both love the name?